Fast-turnaround sprint research
Waitrose.com needed to fast-track its proposition development, finding a way to quickly sift and prioritise the team’s ideas against the backdrop of rapidly evolving shopper habits as a result of the pandemic. We helped the overstretched insight team by quickly onboarding a pop-up community of online shoppers and giving them daily tasks and ideas to test over a seven-day consecutive period. We provided the business a quick and clear perspective on which ideas had the most traction with shoppers, grounding our recommendations in existing Waitrose.com understanding
15 DAYS FROM BRIEF TO COMPLETION
- We created a screener that ensured optimal composition of the panel for the task
- We ensured that each panelist would be engaged and articulate in their responses
- We devised a series of 5 different activities designed to get under the skin of customer needs in this area, deploying the tasks to the panel over 5 consecutive days
- On days 6&7 we tested different concepts generated by the team
- We combined qualitative outputs (video content, photos, online shop-alongs etc.) to provide a rich, comprehensive evidence base for shopper needs and preferred concepts
- We ensured that the outputs triangulated with the existing .com research base
We had a big strategic project that had to be delivered within a matter of weeks. The team did a fantastic job in fully managing the whole process, keeping us up to date on progress throughout so we had the confidence everything was under control and on schedule. Despite the challenging time constraints, they delivered a great piece of research. Could not have asked for more from them!
We become part of your team
and tackle your challenges collaboratively,
from the inside, out.